Sunday, March 6, 2011

Reflections on Potty Training Day 1

Well...Merritt, Morgan, Dorothy and myself made it through day #1! As I have been saying over and over to Merritt "I am so proud of you!" I could not even imagine the amount of energy it take to encourage, remind and praise on a regular basis. Mark was working, so Dorothy graciously agreed to come help with Morgan so that I could focus a little better on Merritt. Merritt did great, he had a couple urine accidents and a couple #2 accidents, but in the end he pee'd in the toilet more often than he didn't and we got one #2 in the toilet! He wet the bed once last night, but when I woke him up at 5am to go potty, he was clean and dry...and so was the bed. Hopefully when he wakes up at 7, it will still be dry. If you read this today, please keep us in your prayers. Mark will be home the next two days to help and we would like to try and make this as fun an experience as possible (for everyone).